Monday, February 11, 2013

Captain's Log: Stardate 021113

* Entertainment Weekly showcases five new images from Star Trek Into Darkness. Click through after the fifth one for a few of the previously-released pics from the film as well.

* I've never been much of a model builder, but this Revell 1/500th scale Enterprise looks beautiful. The Star Trek Into Darkness Kre-O toys, not so much. I'm hoping for a line of 6-inch STID action figures like we got for the previous film in '09, but those did not seem to sell all that well, and I haven't heard anything about new figures for the new movie. I did  get a full set of Playmates 6-inchers from last time around, but Uhura was tough to find and pricier than the rest. Not that she isn't worth it.

* "He's not playing Khan." Actress Alice Eve, the new Carol Marcus, has flat-out denied that Benedict Cumberbatch is portraying the guy who stole Marcus's Genesis Device in the original Star Trek timeline. And with that, I think I am officially exhausted by the question of who Cumberbatch's character may or may not be, as much as I am looking forward to Star Trek Into Darkness.

* Toy Fair 2013 is underway in New York City. Here's a look at all the Star Trek merchandise being promoted at the event. None of it really sends me over the moon -- I find Diamond's "dynamic" six-inch Trek figures particularly disappointing -- but I have to admit that those retro alarm clocks featuring Gold Key artwork look like a fun item.

No comments:

Post a Comment